Friday, March 22, 2013

Blueberry Vanilla Fro-Yo Popsicles

I came up with this recipe after coming across a recipe for Blueberry Muffin Ice Cream. Sounds like a dream, right? Also sounds like a ton of calories and sugar. So I decided to come up with my own, healthier version.






These popsicles are legit. You cannot even tell they're healthy for you. They would be absolutely unreal with a few swirls of Crunch Cookie Butter in each popsicle. I'm going to try that next.

At fifty, yes FIFTY, calories a pop, you won't feel guilty after eating these. They're so creamy and delicious, and perfect for summer. I sweetened them with honey, but I used a bit of truvia when making the blueberry preserves. You can use regular sugar if you like, or honey instead, but that might make the preserves a bit more liquid-y.





Ingredients: (makes 6, 4 inch popsicles)

1 cup 0% Greek Yogurt, I used Fage
2 tablespoons honey
2 tsp vanilla bean paste (you can use vanilla extract instead)

For the Blueberry Preserves:

3/4 cup fresh blueberries
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon truvia
juice of half a lime

In a small pot add blueberries, honey, and truvia and simmer on low heat until juices start to flow and sauce becomes syrup-like.  Remove from pan and allow to cool.

In a bowl mix greek yogurt, honey, and vanilla bean paste. Once the blueberry preserves has cooled, fold it into yogurt mixture. Add to popsicle molds (I used some basic ones from Ikea) and freeze for at least two hours.



Please ignore my chipping nail polish

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Honey & Brie • Template by mable+mint