Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Honey Vanilla Granola

For my birthday my good friend Whitney sent me this amazing cookbook called, PURE VANILLA, that includes tons of recipes for vanilla--go figure. Those that know me well know that I love vanilla, and I have a so-so relationship with chocolate. I'm just not a chocolate girl. Anyways, while skimming through my cookbook I decided to adapt the recipe for honey-vanilla granola. I changed a few things to make it a bit "healthier". I also added honey glazed almonds and flax seeds after the granola was done baking. This granola is delicious and crunchy, and the perfect amount of sweet. You can use gluten-free oats (like I did) or you can use regular oats. Completely up to you!





Ingredients:

2 large egg whites
1/4 cup baking truvia
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup grapeseed oil
1 tablespoon gf vanilla bean paste
3 cups gf old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup flaxseeds
1/4 cup honey glazed almonds (from trader joes, or you could use regular toasted almonds)

Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.

Mix top 6 ingredients together in a bowl, making sure all oats are evenly mixed in.

Spread out on a baking sheet lined with parchment or foil. Bake for 25 minutes, stirring ever so often to make sure the oats don't burn. (I actually had to bake mine for 35 minutes, so it probably depends on your oven).

Remove from oven and let cool, then break up into clusters, add in flaxseeds and almonds. Store in an airtight container. Enjoy with yogurt or milk.

1 comment:

Copyright © Honey & Brie • Template by mable+mint